- Chairman Frank Lucas of Oklahoma has named five members to serve as Subcommittee Chairmen of the House Agriculture Committee for the 113th Congress.
- A final committee membership list will be released when available.
Chairman Frank Lucas of Oklahoma has named five members to serve as Subcommittee Chairmen of the House Agriculture Committee for the 113th Congress.
"I am pleased to announce the Committee's leadership team for the next Congress. Our Subcommittee Chairmen have demonstrated a commitment to ensuring the success of American agriculture and rural economies. I look forward to working with them as we address the important issues our agricultural producers and rural constituents face," said Lucas.
Chairman Lucas designated the following Subcommittee Chairmen and their jurisdictions:
- Rep. Steve King (IA-5): Department Operations, Oversight, and Nutrition
Jurisdiction: Agency oversight, review and analysis, special investigations, food stamps, nutrition and consumer programs.
- Rep. K. Michael Conaway, (TX-11): General Farm Commodities and Risk Management
Jurisdiction: Program and markets related to cotton, cottonseed, wheat, feed grains, soybeans, oilseeds, rice, dry beans, peas, lentils, the Commodity Credit Corporation, risk management, including crop insurance, commodity exchanges, and specialty crops.
- Rep. Glenn “GT” Thompson (PA-5): Conservation, Energy, and Forestry
Jurisdiction: Soil, water, and resource conservation, small watershed program, energy and biobased energy production, rural electrification, forestry in general and forest reserves other than those created from the public domain.
- Rep. Austin Scott (GA-8): Horticulture, Research, Biotechnology, and Foreign Agriculture
Jurisdiction: Fruits and vegetables, honey and bees, marketing and promotion orders, plant pesticides, quarantine, adulteration of seeds and insect pests, and organic agriculture, research, education and extension, biotechnology and foreign agriculture assistance, and trade promotion programs, generally.
- Rep. Rick Crawford (AR-1): Livestock, Rural Development, and Credit
Jurisdiction: Livestock, dairy, poultry, meat, seafood and seafood products, inspection, marketing, and promotion of such commodities, aquaculture, animal welfare and grazing, rural development, farm security and family farming matters, and agricultural credit.
(Note: A final committee membership list will be released when available.)