- James B. Douglass, Acting State Executive Director for Texas FSA, and members of his management team have scheduled public meetings in 15 Texas counties where FSA offices are being considered for proposed consolidation.
- Consolidation would be part of USDA plan to increase departmental efficiencies.
USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) today announced that James B. Douglass, Acting State Executive Director for Texas FSA and members of his management team have scheduled public meetings in 15 Texas counties where FSA offices are being considered for proposed consolidation under USDA’s plan to increase departmental efficiencies announced Monday, January 9th by Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack.
FSA’s public meetings are scheduled as follows:
Thursday, January 19
- Mills County, 2:00 PM, Mills County State Bank Community Room located at 1101 Parker Street in Goldthwaite
Friday, January 20
- Waller County, 10:00 AM, Carden-Waller Cooperative Extension Building on Prairie View A&M Campus located at L.W. Minor and E.M. Norris Streets in Prairie View
- Lee County, 3:00 PM, Lincoln Community Center, 1000 Avenue D in Lincoln
Tuesday, January 24
- Hutchinson County, 10:00 AM, Stinnett Community Center located at 800 Main in Stinnett
- Roberts County, 3:00PM, Miami High School Auditorium located at 100 Warrior Lane in Miami
Wednesday, January 25
- Andrews County, 10:00 AM, Andrews Business and Technology Center located at 201 NW Avenue D in Andrews
- Midland County, 3:00 PM, Midland County Extension Building located at 2445 E. Hwy. 80 in Midland
Thursday, January 26
- Val Verde County, 10:00 AM, Dink Wardlaw Building located at 302 E. 17thStreet in Del Rio
Monday, January 30
- Van Zandt County, 1:00 PM, Van Zandt County Country Club located at 17960 I-20 in Canton
Tuesday, January 31
- Delta County, 10:00 AM, First Baptist Church of Cooper located at 500 East Dallas in Cooper
- Cass County, 3:00 PM, Cass County Courthouse District Courtroom located at 604 Hwy. 8 N. in Linden
Wednesday, February 1
- Upshur County, 10:00 AM, Gilmer Civic Center located at 1925 Hwy. 271 North in Gilmer
- Rusk County, 3:00 PM, District Court Room located at 115 North Main Street in Henderson
Thursday, February 2
- San Augustine County, 10:00 AM, San Augustine County Courtroom located at 100 W. Columbia in San Augustine
- Shelby County, 3:00 PM, John D. Windham Civic Center located at 146 Express Blvd. in Center
According to FSA, All public comments will be taken into full consideration prior to development or implementation of a final consolidation plan.