Gulf Coast grain handlers to meet Jan. 19 in El Campo
Texas Gulf Coast grain handlers will meet at the El Campo Civic Center from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Jan. 19.
Registration for the 19th annual event is $20 in advance or $25 at the door and includes lunch. The event is sponsored by Texas AgriLife Extension Service agents in Colorado, Matagorda, Wharton and Jackson counties.
Program attendees will hear from industry representatives and AgriLife Extension specialists about the latest issues facing grain handlers as they relate to product safety, personal safety and new products coming onto the market.
Topics and speakers include:
- Aflatoxin management -- Mary Sasser, Office of the Texas State Chemist; Jimmy Roppolo, Farmers Cooperative; and A.J. Rath, Maxim Farm Egg Co, Inc.
- Respirator requirements and ventilation tips – Glenn Abdelnoor, Texas Department of Insurance.
- Fumigant measurement instruments – Brent Yaschuk, Factory Direct Safety and Environmental, Inc.
- Fall protection – Scott Fuchs, Capital Safety.
- Grain protectant stewardship – Craig Jakob, Alliance Pest Solutions.
- Manlift inspection, maintenance and code compliance – Larry Barnes, Barnes Co., Inc.
- Grain bin sealing and leaks – Joe Kelly and Steve Craig, Farmers Cooperative; Roy Parker, AgriLife Extension.
Five continuing education units will be offered.
For more information, contact Kara Matheney, 979-732-6694, KJMatheney@ag.tamu.edu; Brent Batchelor, 979-245-4100, BBatchel@ag.tamu.edu; Peter McGuill, 979-532-3310, PJMcGuill@ag.tamu.edu; or Mike Hiller, 361-782-3312, email@example.com.
El Campo, Texas