What is in this article?:
- Current oil boom dictates land stewardship management, awareness
- Sludge mixtures vary from well-to-well
- Oil & Gas Stewardship Conference targets oil industry officials
- New law specialist added to Extension Service staff
- In two separate reports from Texas Agrilife Extension Service this month, oil professionals and landowners are cautioned to understand the relationship between agriculture and oil exploration and the possible negative and positive impacts on the land.
New law specialist added to Extension Service staff
In an effort to keep up with the changing landscape of legal ramifications between the oil and gas industry and rural property owners, Texas AgriLife extension Service has announced Tiffany Dowell has joined the Extension Service as an assistant professor and agricultural law specialist.
Dowell, who will be based in College Station, specializes in legal issues pertaining to oil and gas, water and property leasing/grazing rights, as well as other issues affecting farming and ranching.
“This is a unique position for AgriLife Extension and certainly a timely one with the heightened interest in Eagle Ford shale development and water rights,” said Dr. Mark Waller, AgriLife Extension program leader for agricultural economics in College Station.
Dowell previously was an associate attorney with the law firm of Peifer, Hanson and Mullins in Albuquerque, N.M. She received her law degree from the University of New Mexico School of Law and bachelor of science degree in agribusiness from Oklahoma State University.
Dowell grew up on a family ranch in New Mexico.
“Agricultural law has always been my interest and my background has prepared me well for this type of work,” she said. “With this position, I hope to help many farmers and ranchers with their questions and need for information statewide.”
Dowell has started an agricultural law blog at http://agrilife.org/texasaglaw/ that provides regular updates on various topics and weekly recaps on legal issues in the news. She will also provide traditional educational programming through workshops and conferences conducted by the agency statewide.
You may also like to read: