South Plains producers can learn the latest in crop production and management techniques while earning Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units at any of nine Texas AgriLife Extension Service conferences spread across the South Plains in early 2009.
Conference dates and locations are:
– Jan.19; West Plains Cotton Conference at South Plains College’s Sundown Room in Levelland. Registration will begin at 8 a.m. with three continuing education units offered to participants. Call the AgriLife Extension office in Hockley County at 806-894-3159 for more details.
– Jan. 20; Southern Mesa Ag Conference at Movieland, 604 North Austin Ave., Lamesa. Six and a half continuing education units will be given (two and a half general, two integrated pest management, two laws and regulations). Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. and the program will start at 8 a.m. Cost is $25 by Jan.14 and $30 thereafter. Call the AgriLife Extension office in Dawson County at 806-872-3444 to pre-register and for more details.
– Jan 21; Caprock Crop Production Conference at the Floyd County Friends Unity Center located 6 miles west of Floydada on U.S. Hwy. 70. Registration starts at 7 a.m., program starts at 8 a.m. and concludes around 4:30 p.m. Seven continuing education units will be offered (four and a half general, one integrated pest management, one laws and regulations., one half in drift minimization) and certified crop advisor units are pending. Call the AgriLife Extension office in Floyd County at 806-983-4912 or Crosby County at 806-675-2347 for more details.
– Jan. 21; Llano Estacado Cotton Conference at the Bailey County Coliseum, 2206 W. American Blvd., Muleshoe. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Call the AgriLife Extension office in Bailey County at 806-272-4584 for more details.
– Jan. 26; Sandyland Ag Conference at the Gaines County Civic Building in Seminole. Five continuing education units are pending (three general, one integrated pest management, one in laws and regulations). Call the AgriLife Extension office in Gaines County at 432-758-4006 for more details.
– Jan. 27-28; AgriLife Extension-sponsored educational seminars will be held in conjunction with the South West Farm & Ranch Classic Indoor Farm Show at Lubbock Memorial Civic Center. For more information, contact the AgriLife Extension office in Lubbock County at 806-775-1680, or http://swclassic.com.
– Feb.10; Hale and Swisher County Crops Conference at the Ollie Liner Center in Plainview. Call the AgriLife Extension office in Hale County at 806-291-5267 or Swisher County at 806-995-3726 for more details.
– Feb. 11; South Plains Ag Conference and place TBA. Call the AgriLife Extension office in Terry County at 806-637-4060 for more details.
– April 1; Lower Rolling Plains Ag Conference at the Scurry County Coliseum. Call the AgriLife Extension office in Scurry County at 325-573-5423 for more details.