- TPPA honors contributors to association.
- Presentations made at TPPA annual conference.
Brad Minton, Syngenta (Norman Borlaug Lifetime Achievement)
Texas A&M AgriLife specialists, researchers and industry agriculture professionals received awards during the 2012 Texas Plant Protection Association Conference in Bryan recently.
“These individuals have made special contributions to the Texas Plant Protection Association, the annual conference, and Texas agriculture,” said Dr. Ron Lacewell, association board member and head of federal relations for Texas A&M AgriLife. “We are extremely proud of these individuals and their efforts that have helped our association grow and increase in membership over the past several years.”
The awards, presented by Lacewell during the business luncheon, were given to the following individuals:
- Dr. Mike Chandler, professor emeritus, Texas A&M Department of Soil and Crop Sciences (Academic Award)
- Blair Fannin, Texas A&M AgriLife Communications (Ag Communications Award)
- Glenn Crane, East Bernard Coastal Ag Services (Consultant Award)
- Greg Steele, Monsanto (Industry),
- Zachary Eder, Texas A&M University (Graduate Student Award)
- Brad Minton, Syngenta (Norman Borlaug Lifetime Achievement)
Also during the conference, Dr. Barron Rector, AgriLife Extension range specialist, conducted the annual pest identification contest. Those receiving awards were:
- Gary Kennedy, independent consultant, first place
- Brent Batchelor, AgriLife Extension agent-Matagorda County, second place
- Gary Bradshaw, independent consultant, third place.
A poster competition was also held during the two-day conference. Student winners, all from Texas A&M, were:
- Trevor Jones, first place
- Zachary Eder, second place
- Danielle Dittrich, third place
For more information about the association, visit http://tppa.tamu.edu.