2008 marks the 75th anniversary of Texas Farm Bureau and the state’s largest farm organization is excited to be celebrating its Diamond Anniversary at the Sparkling City by the Sea. Texas Farm Bureau President Kenneth Dierschke, Executive Director Vernie Glasson and Organization Director Joe Maley will answer questions about Farm Bureau’s policy setting convention, the agricultural issues of 2008 and 2009, and the importance of agriculture to the Coastal Bend.
WHEN: Saturday, December 6 at 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: Room 104, American Bank Center
CONTACT: Gene Hall, Director of Public Relations
Phone: 254-751-2246 Fax: 254-772-1766
Home: 254-857-3449 Cell: 254-733-6727
Newsroom @ Convention Center (service available December 5th)
Other TFB convention highlights:
• Youth Scholarship competitions – Saturday afternoon
• President Kenneth Dierschke’s Address – Sunday afternoon – Approximately 2:30 p.m.
• TFB Pioneer Awards – Sunday afternoon
• Presentation of Outstanding Young Farmer & Rancher Awards and Excellence in Agriculture Awards — Sunday afternoon
• 75th Anniversary Dinner & Celebration, Sunday evening
• Business and Policy Session – All day Monday
Major Issues to be Addressed:
• Risk management aspects of Federal Farm Policy
• Private Property Rights/Eminent Domain
• Renewable energy resources
• Fever ticks
• Rural/Urban Issues
For News, Agricultural Statistics & more, check the TFB Online Media Center at http://www.txfb.org/MediaCenter/index.html.