What is in this article?:
- Wildfire threat high
- Limited fall moisture
- Outlook for 2011
Specific topics to be addressed will include:
- Fire and Drought Management,
- Impacts of Wet to Dry Season Transitions,
- Texas Forest Service Predictive Services Outlook,
- Lessons of Recent Prescribed Burns in Drought Stricken South Texas, Spring Outlook from State Climatologist,
- Benefits of Prescribed Burning, Decision Making in Ranching based on Weather Predictions,
- Pasture and Range Management, and
- Pesticide Laws and Regulations Update.
Sponsors program include: The National Weather Service, Texas Forest Service, The Nature Conservancy, Office of the Texas State Climatologist, Texas Department of Agriculture and Texas AgriLife Extension Service. Anyone planning to participate should pre-register by December 8, 2010, to Jason Runyen via e-mail @ Jason.Runyen@noaa.gov or 361-289-0959 ext 1, as attendance will be limited to the first 100 RSVPs.