National Cotton Council directors for 2005 were announced at the industrywide organization’s annual meeting held recently.
Elected to the NCC Board during interest caucuses were: • Producers – Ronald C. Fleming, Scotland Neck, N.C.; Jon W. Hardwick, Newellton, La.; Rickey Bearden, Plains, Texas; Wiley Murphy, Tucson, Ariz.; and John E. Pucheu Jr., Tranquility, Calif.
• Ginners – Burges U. Griffin Jr, Lewiston, N.C.; William A. Guthrie, Newellton, La.; Sid Brough, Edroy, Texas; Barbara L. Haralson, Safford, Ariz.; and Larry R. McClendon, Marianna, Ark.
• Warehousemen – Tommy Malin, Memphis, Tenn; Thomas W. Stallings, Funston, Ga.; Shane Stephens, Greenwood, Miss.; Wendell L. Tucker, Quanah, Texas; Robert Weatherford, Corpus Christi, Texas.
• Merchants – W. B. Dunavant III, Memphis, Tenn.; Manfred Schiefer, Lubbock; John D. Mitchell, Cordova, Tenn.; Gary Taylor, Cordova; and G.W. Winburne, Phoenix, Ariz.
• Cottonseed – Austin Rose, Abilene, Texas; Bobby Crum, Harlingen, Texas; Robert L. Lacy Jr., Lubbock; J. Gary Conkling, Oklahoma City, Okla; and Sammy Wright, Tifton, Ga.
• Cooperatives – Meredith Allen, Greenwood, Miss.; David L. Hand, El Paso, Texas; Jarral Neeper, Bakersfield, Calif.; Wallace L. Darneille, Lubbock; and Jeffery A. Thompson, Prattville, Ala.
• Manufacturers – Roger W. Chastain, Greenville, S.C.; W. Duke Kimbrell, Gastonia, N.C.; Jerry D. Rowland, Winston-Salem, N.C.; D. Harding Stowe, Belmont, N.C.; and Van A. May, Lubbock.