Kansas State University Research and Extension will host the 2009 Agricultural Lenders Conference in two locations - Garden City, Kan., on Oct. 6 and Manhattan on Oct. 7. The agenda will be the same at both locations. It´s designed to provide the Kansas financial community with updates on current agricultural topics. Presentations and speakers at both locations will include:
- Grain Market Outlook - Mike Woolverton, K-State Extension crops marketing specialist;
- Livestock Market Outlook - Jim Robb, Livestock Marketing Information Center economist;
- Economic Performance and Outlook for Kansas Farm Enterprises - Troy Dumler and Kevin Dhuyvetter, K-State Extension agricultural economists;
- Divergence in Farm Performance - Michael Langemeier, K-State Extension agricultural economics specialist; and
- SURE/Crop Insurance - Art Barnaby, K-State Extension agricultural economics specialist.
The Oct. 6 conference will be at the K-State Research and Extension Southwest Area office at 4500 E. Mary St. in Garden City. The Oct. 7 conference will be at the International Grains Program (IGP) Conference Center at 1980 Kimball Ave. in Manhattan.
Each will begin at 8 a.m. with registration, coffee and donuts. The program will start at 8:55 a.m.
A preregistration fee of $85 for the conference materials, refreshments and lunch is due by Oct. 1. Registration after that date is $95. More information and a registration brochure are available online at www.agmanager.info or from Rich Llewelyn at 785-532-1504 or email@example.com.