During the recent Texas Plant Protection Association’s Board meeting, the Officers for 2012 were elected. Serving as Chairman of the TPPA Board is H. Ray Smith with Biological Research Services, Inc.
The other 2012 TPPA Officers are:
- President: Vernon Langston, Dow AgroSciences
- Vice President & Program Chairman: Seth Murray, Texas A & M University
- Incoming VP & Poster Chairman: Dale Mott. Texas AgriLife Extension Service
- Incoming VP Elect: Eric Castner, Dupont Crop Protection
- Executive Director: Bob Sasser
- Secretary: Tony Driver, Syngenta Crop Protection
- Treasurer: Johnnie Osborne, Ted Higginbottom Farm
- Immediate Past President: Dan Fromme, Texas AgriLife Extension Service
- New TPPA Board Members: David Baltensperger, Texas A & M University; David Lunt, Texas AgriLife Research; John Jaster, Pioneer Hi-Bred; Ron Smith, Southwest Farm Press.
For the past 24 years, the non-profit professional Texas Plant Protection Association (TPPA) has sponsored educational conferences for all involved in production agriculture. These conferences include the Annual Texas Plant Protection Conference. These events continue to be successful due to the broad support of many leaders in Texas agriculture that represent academia, extension, research, consulting, agribusiness, farmers and regulatory.
The 2012 Texas Plant Protection Conference will be on December 6 & 7 at the Brazos Center in the Bryan – College Station area. Additional information is available on the TPPA website: http://tppa.tamu.edu