The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) is holding a series of one-day workshops around the state for dam owners. The workshops will educate dam owners about topics including:
• State dam safety laws and regulations;
• Dam failure modes and case histories;
• Owner responsibilities/liabilities and security issues;
• Dam operations, maintenance, and inspections;
• Developing and implementing emergency action plans.
The workshops are being co-sponsored by the Association of State Dam Safety Officials. Pre-registration is required, and there is a $30 fee. Workshop hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with registration sign-in beginning at 7:45 a.m.
Workshop locations and dates are:
• Aug. 9—Pleasanton—Pleasanton Volunteer Fire Station, 219 W. Hunt.
• Aug. 22—Tyler—Lake Palestine Water Treatment Plant—14792 CR 192.
• Aug. 23—Mesquite—Texas Engineering Extension Services, OSHA Training Institute, Southwest Education Center, 15515 IH-20 at Lumley.
• Aug. 30—Temple—The Gober House, 1516 W. Ave. H.
For registration and workshop information, go to http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/assets/public/assistance/events/seminars/07-07dam_owners_workshop.pdf. Or, contact Jeanne Cordell, 512/239-3150, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Diane Stallings, 512/239-6333, email@example.com.
All TCEQ news releases are available at http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/
To receive news releases and other newly posted information automatically, go to the TCEQ home page and click on the “Sign up for e-mail updates” icon.