During the recent Texas Plant Protection Association’s business meeting, the Officers for 2010 were elected. Serving as Chairman of the TPPA Board is H. Ray Smith with Biological Research Services, Inc.
The other 2010 TPPA Officers are:
- President: Amir Ibrahim, Texas A & M University
- Vice President & Program Chairman: Danny Fromme, Texas AgriLife Extension Service
- Incoming VP & Poster Chairman: Alan Dalrymple, Chemutra
- Executive Director: Bob Sasser
- Secretary: Dale Mott, Texas AgriLife Extension Service
- Treasurer: Jay Wilder, Farmer
- Immediate Past President: Brad Minton, Syngenta Crop Protection
For the past 21 years, the non-profit professional Texas Plant Protection Association (TPPA) has sponsored educational conferences for all involved in production agriculture. These conferences include the Annual Texas Plant Protection Conference and the TPPA Precision Ag Expo. These events have been successful due to the broad support of many leaders in Texas agriculture that represent academia, extension, research, consulting, agribusiness, farmers and regulatory.
The 2010 Texas Plant Protection Conference will be in early December in the Bryan – College Station area. Additional information is on the TPPA website.