- Cattle prices to remain strong.
- Corn prices have an effect.
- Herd numbers down.
Specialists with Texas AgriLife Extension Service offer the following projections:
- Source:. Long-term trends in the cattle market include tighter supplies, fewer cows and less beef production in the next few years.
- Ground beef demand continues to be strong with consumers "trading down" in beef purchases as a result of the economic downturn.
- The price of corn will weigh heavily on calf prices, which are expected to continue to be strong heading into 2011.