Opportunities for funding
SCRI offers the opportunity to secure significant funding that would support a large, well-defined research and Cooperative Extension effort. However, the grant program is extremely competitive, and projects must address at least one of five focus areas:
● Research in plant breeding, genetics and genomics;
● Efforts to identify and address threats from pests and diseases;
● Thrusts to improve production efficiency, productivity and profitability;
● New innovations and technology; and
● Methods to prevent, detect, monitor, control and respond to potential food safety hazards in the production and processing of specialty crops.