What is in this article?:
America's peanut farmers have voted with a 92 percent approval rate to continue the Peanut Promotion, Research and Information Order, which authorizes the National Peanut Board.
Since its inception in 2001, National Peanut Board has been pivotal in maintaining markets and increasing consumption of USA-grown peanuts. Some highlights:
- Everyday frequency of consumption of peanuts has doubled since 2001 and everyday consumption of peanut butter increased 71 percent in the same time period, according to a consumer tracking study by The Bantam Group, 2012.
- NPB recently launched the brand platform, The Perfectly Powerful Peanut, the centerpiece of a new nationwide, multi-media advertising campaign and slogan, helping to unify messages across the entire peanut industry.
- NPB has invested more than $20 million in more than 900 production research projects to help farmers increase yields while implementing the most sustainable agricultural practices.
- NPB has funded more than $10 million in food allergy research, education and outreach to help identify causes and seek treatments for food allergy sufferers.
- Peanut menu listings have more than doubled on American menus, increasing 122 percent from January to June 2007 to April-June, 2013, and continuing to outpace almonds; according to data from Technomic Menu Monitor, 2013.