- Conference will be May 10 and 11
- Agenda includes new regulations updates
- Learn how to improve testing procedures
Organizers of the first Texas Food Safety Conference, scheduled May 10 and 11 at the Hilton Austin suggest 10 reasons why anyone in the produce industry should attendthis meeting.
1. Food safety outbreaks and recalls continue, including a recall for cucumbers just a few days ago.
2. Learnfrom those who are writing and enforcing laws: FDA, TDSHS, and the produce industry.
3. Learn how the California Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement is really working; it may come to Texas before new federal law!
4. Very soon everyone in the produce industry will have to comply with new state and federal laws. Consider:
· Exemption for small growers may not be what you think,
· Now is time to make plans for compliance; new federal law is mandatory and not voluntary!
5. What is FDA planning for a commodity specific guidance on cilantro following the recent outbreak?
6. Learn how to set up water testing program for the packing house and in the field.
7. Protect your financial future and the reputation of your business.
8. Interact with vendors and scientists with new ideas to solve problems.
9. Receive the same information that you would receive if you went to national food safety conference.
10. Learn how to be one of the first to get cash payment toward an audit. This alone is more than worth the price of admission.
Visit: www.valleyag.org/safety to register or Call Hector at 956-584-1772.